One goal of CENTAUR is workforce development for Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) laboratories. Preparation of scientists starts well before graduate school. Education in sciences of interest for stewardship science is key to keeping the Pipeline in working condition. CENTAUR members and institutions sponsor outreach activities to attract young students to sciences of interest as well as to help encourage high school students to consider careers related to nuclear physics, including those in stewardship science.
CENTAUR affiliates sponsor several events every year including the following:
- Nuclear Science Teachin for high school teachers at Washington University in St. Louis
- Nuclear Medicine and Science Camp for middle and high school students at FSU-PC
- Saturday Morning Physics at Florida State University
- First Friday Street Physics at Texas A&M University
- Tours at CENTAUR facilities